I am so happy to have used some time today to update this blog!
I have David's first 3 years that I blogged in a book form that is on one of our coffee tables. I love to look at it, love that I recorded so much of his life, and love the fact that he can always have that to read and see pictures and know how he is loved!
With Alex, I have not blogged near as much, because with two kids, free time has to be spent wisely! However, I'm an avid facebooker and all of our lives are documented through it. BUT, I do want Alex to have a book of her own as well and David another one to show their life in pictures.
David is now 4, Alexis 18 months. They are truly the most creative, amazing blessings I could ask for. They both love music and have rythmn. David is so smart, and so is Alex for that matter.
They both started to use the potty early on. Alexis knows exaclty what I'm saying. For example, the other day, I said, "Go get Brobe" (a stuffed animal from Yo Gabba Gabba)...she ran in the other room and brought it right back.
Alexis is a toot....she puts rocks in her mouth from the rock garden out back and loves her pacificers! She trades them out and has to have 5 or 6 in her bed with her. David wasn't like that...he didn't enjoy the pacifier, so there's a difference. Also, Alexis is a great sleeper...David, not so much!
They love each other...so much.
Alexis calls David, "Bubby." She has a new name for Peepaw, my dad..."Pappy."
We are trying to figure out where to send David to Kindegarten. I can't believe it! There are so many wonderful options in Texarkana....St. James, Morriss, FBC, some great ones on the Arkansas side too.
Our main dish right now is chili. Man, do my kids love it! We actually just scarfed some down. Alex drinks milk only at night. Will not have anything to do with it during the day. She is a juice girl.
David loves root beer and I have caught him just calling it "beer" which is hilarious! I corrected that quickly! We love watching Big Bang Theory all together and Alexis and David dance to the beginning song. It's so precious.
It's finally cooler, so we love to play outside. Alex is learning how to drive one of the motorized cars.
David,
You took care of me last night because I had a headache. You rubbed my back, laid down with me in my bed and watched The Voice with me. We had hot chocolate and you played Doodlejump on the ipad while I rested. I told you that I would jump over the highest mountain, ride in a firey train and shoot all the bad guys to save you from any harm. You then told me, without missing a beat, "Actually mom, I'd do that for you."
I have no doubt in my mind that you would boo. I could not possibly love you any more than I do.
Alexis,
You say "mommy" in such a hilarious precious way. It's like in a French accent or something.."mommeee." It's hard to type it. Ha. Anyway, it makes life worth living when I hear you call it. When I walk you around before putting you down to sleep, I sing "Jesus Loves Me" and you always take your paci out and start "singing" it with me. I then sing "Flowers and Friend" from yo gabba gabba and you put your head on my shoulder and know it's time to sleep.
When David was born, I made up a bed time song and I still sing it to both kids.
"Hush little baby, don't you cry, mom will wake you up in the morning...sleep little baby, don't you cry, mom will wake you up in the morning."
Alex...you are such a spit fire. I hope you are always like this. You are tough. I love it. I can't tell you how much you make me want to kiss your face every second of every day. You are beautiful.
I love you more and more every day.
Being a mom is hard. A stay at home with two kids under 4 hard. I have had some really bad headaches lately, so when you don't feel good...whew...VERY HARD.
But, I wouldn't change it for the world. Not being able to be with you both every day, having to go to work, would be horrible. I don't know how Ben does it...hehe but I'm glad he does!
Ben is a wonderful daddy. An amazing hands on, put everything on the backburner for his kids and me. I see husbands that don't and I can't imagine that. Thank you Ben Mayo for being a Godly, kind and awesome daddy to our children. They will be better people because of it.
This was LONG but the update was NEEDED and I'm so glad to have done this. I'm going to try and keep it current! There is so much always going on in the Mayo household, and I love to have it recorded! It's such a blessing to be able to go back and read what fun things we have done. If I'm having a bad day or something is frustrating, it's so nice to go back and see that "wow" we have a pretty dang good life.
The Mayo's
Hello there!
Welcome to the fun filled world of the Mayo's!
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment