Hello there!

Welcome to the fun filled world of the Mayo's!

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

30 Days of Thankfullness, part 2

Day 16: I am thankful for beautiful weather...blue skies, a cool crisp in the air and a day outside free to enjoy it.
Day 17: I am thankful for medicines that man has made through the brain that God gave him...to help with headaches, colds, diseases, etc.
Day 18: I am thankful for people that care about other people through prayers, emails, texts, facebook...personal contact.
Day 19: I am thankful for David's wonderful 2 years at FBC preschool..Mrs. Mellissa and Mrs. Julie...both amazing teachers that I have loved having in our lives. We will miss FBC next year.
Day 20: I am thankful for the future opportunities we have in Texarkana for our children. It's exciting.
Day 21: I am thankful for those in Texarkana who care about our city through charity involvement, downtown involvement, or creative outlets, like Tex Rep, TRAHC or the Symphony. I have been involved in many and am very proud of all that Texarkana has to offer in these avenues. I have always loved community service.
Day 22: I am thankful for Healthcare express. A clinic in Texarkana who has helped me greatly with constant headaches I have had for the last year. Especially Stacey. God gave me this sister to help me through these tough times. I appreciate these who deeply care about the patient and listen when I talk.
It's not easily found any more in the medical field right now. I pray God will guide us through this tough time for those who don't have people to care for them.
Day 23: I am thankful for days I don't have headaches and feel good. Sometimes they are too few and far between right now. But I am thankful for my health and my husband's and my childrens most especially.
Day 24: I am thankful for my first born son, David Mayo. He makes me laugh. He makes me smile. He makes my cry for joy that he is mine. He takes care of me most of the time. He is an old soul. A remarkable young boy that is destined for greatness. I love you David Linn Mayo with my whole heart.
Day 25: I am thankful for my second child, my daughter, Alexis Cate Mayo. She makes me laugh. She makes me smile. She makes me cry for joy that she is mine. She dances her heart out already. She is a unique girl with a go getter personality. She is independent and free and destined for greatness. I love you Alexis Cate with my whole heart.
Day 26: I am thankful for memories. My grandmother (dad's mom) died of Alzheimer's. I have worked very closely with Alzheimer's for many years. It was my platform when I was Miss Texas. I am thankful for memories. For those thoughts that come to my mind and I can remember the past, good and bad. Here's hoping we can find a cure to this disease, so people won't be stripped of that any longer.
Day 27: I am thankful for my Christian upbringing and in general how I was raised.
Day 28: I am thankful for unconditional love. Firstly given by my  Father in heaven. I have some others who love me unconditionally here on earth too. :)
Day 29: Ok, so I am thankful for TIVO. Because if that wasn't invented, I would never watch any adult television...and adult I mean, The Voice, and Big Bang Theory. And Bonus...commercial free!
Day 30: I am thankful for blogging! That I am able to write down all of this, and other posts with pictures so my children can have these memories. Hope they don't think mommy and daddy are too dorky. ;)
So thankful for my life. AMEN!

No comments:

Life After David was born