Hello there!

Welcome to the fun filled world of the Mayo's!

Thursday, November 15, 2012

30 Days of Thankfullness

I love November because it reminds us all to be thankful. Ben gets so mad when Thanksgiving is skipped over between Halloween and Christmas. Stores have had trees up since October. I love Thanksgiving because of the history of our country, the bringing together of families, the food of course and remembering how thankful I am.
On facebook, several people are doing the "30 Days of Thankfullness" each day at a time. I haven't been doing that, so I thought I would blog it here.
I'm 15 days behind.
So, here's the first 15.
Day 1: I'm thankful for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, for without Him, I am nothing.
Day 2: I am thankful for my husband. He is Godly, gentle, kind, forgiving, fun, a hands on daddy, loving, sweet and talented. Ben Mayo, I am truly thankful for you.
Day 3: My two children. David and Alexis. I really feel like I was put on this earth to do lots of things, but the number one is to be a good mommy to these two deserving, loving, creative, smart children. I love you two so much.
Day 4: I am thankful for my parents. Their constant love, support, and guiding me to live life the right way. Diana and David James. So thankful I am their daughter.
Day 5: My family. I can't name them all, but I am thankful for them all...my sisters, their husbands, children, my in laws, my grandparents, Mur specifically...who has always been there for me. I am extremely thankful for a family that loves to be together and that sticks together through all the ups and downs.
Day 6: I'm thankful for friends...I have so many friends that live in all parts of the world really. I've been blessed to be a part of many things and make many awesome friends...many of which I lived next door to me in Texarkana!! Facebook though, really does keep us in contact and I'm thankful for that. So, thankful for facebook? ;) hehe
Day 7: I am thankful for my church. We are members of Highland Park Baptist Church. I am so thankful to be a part of it. Thankful for the pastor, music minister, choir, my SS class and teachers, and all of the members there who are giving and loving. It's such a wonderful place to worship the Lord.
Day 8: I am thankful for the gift of singing that the Lord has given me. I love to sing. I've done lots of things in my life with this gift. I hope people receive a blessing when I sing to them, but really and truly, I am the one who receives the blessing. When I get to perform in front of people, it makes me happy. I love to inspire people, I love to make a difference with song and hopefully lift people up, make them joyful and emotional with a creative performance or heartfelt song. So thank you Lord for giving me the gift of music.
Day 9: I am thankful for shelter, my car, dishwasher, cell phones and other "things" that can most definitely be taken for granted. When the electricity goes out, I quickly remember how thankful I am for heat, air, light!
Day 10: I am thankful for my town. We are Texarkana born and bred. Living back here now with my family, trying to decide where to send David to Kindergarten, is truly humbling and satisfying. Ben and I are Texarkana people. We have been extremely involved in the community for a decade and will continue to be as we get older. Texarkana has given me a lot and I love giving back to it even more.
Day 11; We are so thankful for our giving, loving and sweet neighbors, Fredia and Jesse Plant, or now as they are called, Mimi and PJ. It is so wonderful to have someone right next door that you consider family. We look forward to seeing them almost every day and couldn't imagine not living next to them.
Day 12: I am thankful for Miss Texas friends. I mentioned friends above, but I am thankful for this organization specifically. It has helped me grow as a person and continues to be in my life. It gives me a creative outlet, something fun to look forward to every summer and friends that are some of the closest I have, who really "get" me. Being Miss Texas 2001 was awesome, but the years after, being involved on the "other side" has been just as great.
Day 13: I am thankful for our country. I am thankful for FREEDOM. I thankful for people who serve it, for those who run for office, and I am thankful for the President of the United States,whoever that may be, for wanting to serve that great office. God Bless America.
Day 14: I am thankful for coffee, cokes, twix bars, and other "medicines" that keep me going!
Day 15: I am thankful for my sweet doggies in my life...Gracie (12 years old) and Sissy girl (7 years old)...I picked Sissy girl out in a crowd of tiny chi's for my mom on mother's day. Both these dogs can really make me smile. And I love that my kids love them and probably can say both of their names better than anyones! I'm thankful for precious pets!

Ok! Wow! I'm really up to date now...
I will try and continue my thankfullness until November is over.

Today we are visiting some schools in town trying to decipher where David will fit in the best. Lots of great options THANKFULLY in Texarkana!

The Mayo's

No comments:

Life After David was born