











So, the last installment of "Mayo Extravaganza" is our family vacation to the beach of Port Aransas, Texas with the Thomas clan. Usually we head to Destin each summer, but because of the oil catastrophe, Pappaw T decided to take everyone to a different beach. I think it worked out wonderfully. David sure had a blast. No, the beach wasn't as visually wonderful to look at as Destin is, but it was a beach, our condo was great, and for some odd reason, I felt like it was cooler in South Texas than Texarkana, so hip hip hooray. We roomed with Lauren and Patrick and Mike and Ann, along with Adyson, Alison and Stephen were next door. A total of about 40 people were there and it was fun!
Thanks Pappaw for taking us on a this beach exursion every summer! We sure do appreciate it!
Some noteworthy experiences done on this trip:
1. David learned to swim by himself with the help of a lifejacket around the chest area and two arm floaties! He would say "Go away Daddy" because he wanted to kick and paddle like a doggy on his own (i.e. the "Darcy" as we called it)! He would jump in by himself too!! Oh brother....like father like son with the water thing...
2. David never once had a meltdown this ENTIRE trip expect Thursday and some of Friday..we left Saturday morning early at 4 am for home and he slept in the back of the car on a palet with me until 9 am...he travled well, ate well, slept well...no complaining when his skin would break out because of sand, suntan lotion and sun...no crying when applying sun tan lotion and he was just pretty dang sociable and perfect the whole time. It was weird. I mean he is two...
David just really does acclamate to his surroundings very well, and for that I am extremly thankful. And I"m his mommy and it's my right to brag and so I have done it.
David just really does acclamate to his surroundings very well, and for that I am extremly thankful. And I"m his mommy and it's my right to brag and so I have done it.
3. Two words: PING PONG. We figured out that on the bottom floor of this fine hotel we stayed out that there was a ping pong table. Let me just say, I'm pretty good at ping pong. Right, Gerard? Gerard, one of my cousin in laws' was giving the trash talk on beating me at ping pong...so I had to take him down to the basement and show him who was boss. He was laughing while we were playing because I was beating him and he really honestly didn't think I was that good....then after dinner some of the other "boy cousins" had to come see for themselves, and I'm here to announce that Stacy Mayo beat everyone and they should probably carve it in stone or brick or something and hang it over the washer or dryer which was in the next room. It was too much fun.
4. David had no fear of the beach...he wanted to just run right into the ocean! He loved to, after dinner, go down to the beach and we'd all take walks and collect sea shells and David would get extra muddy with the sand!! His boy side definitely came out in full force!
5. Dinner everynight: each family cooks dinner each night on this trip and I love it! It spoils you, because when you get back home, there is no wonderful dinner being cooked for you every night!! All the food was great!
Wonderful trip and such an extravaganza!! Since we've been back, it's been a reality check, but good to be home.
Other things are happening that have been good and bad, hard, wonderful, hurtful, easy, relaxing, stressful, all at the same time!! That's life for you and we wouldnt' have it any other way!
The Mayo's








No comments:
Post a Comment