Hello there!

Welcome to the fun filled world of the Mayo's!

Thursday, August 19, 2010

School Starting







I didn't think I would necessarily be concerned with "school starting" right now...David has never been in any daycare program...for two and a half years, I have been a stay at home mom...which is a FULL time job, as most of you mommies know.
I have loved every minute of it.
Over the summer, we traveled quite a bit, and I had some major projects....Miss Texas 75th was one....so check. That's over.
We worked heavily in our yard, giving our backyard, two new beds, and around our mailbox, one new bed....that has been an all summer job, just watering those! But, nevertheless...check.
We went on our beach trip, complete with Sea World. Check.
Just last week, we went to Dallas to see my sister and her family who just moved back to Big D and then we headed down to Stephenville, Texas, where Modesta and Kenneth live on their big ranch. David had an absolute blast. See pics below. Modesta was one of my traveling companions when I became Miss Texas. I would go stay at their house...she would cook for me and they would cater to my every need. It really spoiled me! We became so close, that they sat as my grandparents at my wedding, and we are going on ten years of being blessed by them.
So...saw Shelly and fam and Mo and Ken. check.
I am so thrilled about singing with the Texarkana Symphony Orchestra this Christmas for it's program. Dec. 19th! I knew I would have that to work on...so check.
Other than the Christmas show...I was thinking in my head...wow. I need a project...or maybe it's time to settle down and just relax...blah blah blah.
No way.
Ben gets this email from Dee Miller, a friend of ours...we went to school with her son....she is the Head of St. James Day School...I went to K there and Ben went all through and graduated 8th grade there.
It's a very very nice private Christian oriented school in our area....not to mention, very close to where we live.
In the back of our little heads, we were brainstorming about where to send David soon...eek!...and St. James was at the top of our list.
Low and behold, they needed a music teacher.
Okay...so I love kids...I love music....I have experience with kiddos and music...so a match?
YES!
I went in for my interview and God just placed it all there in front of us.
I teach three days a week and am in charge of several big performances, the biggest being the Spring Musical...which I am so pumped about.
David will attend in February when he turns three, so I will be there with him and I am soooo excited about that!
Started inservice yesterday and it's a friendly, family like environment where you don't feel pressured by administration and David will fit right in to this atmosphere because he is pretty dang smart already and has had some freedom so I know it will be perfect. Ms. Diane seems awesome...I already know David will fall in love with her.
God is good? check.
So...before this even came about, I was working on my other blog
putting together an online resume with updated info, pics, videos etc.
I sent it to some of the Shreveport newstations and pitched an idea I had about hosting something for Texarkana only...giving businesses in this area some much needed publicity.
I got 3 bites! And I took...NBC's offer.
I will be hosting a "Texarkana Local Pro" edition...starting soon...It will air at 7:58 in the mornings, 5 days a week, during the TODAY show. Not every week will be Texarkana...some will be Shreveport and the other areas in their markets, but I am trying to get a lot of businesses on board for this.
If you are reading and are interested, give me a shout.
So...always wanted to do host something on TV...check.
I liked that movie, The Bucket List. Even though, I am still "young"....clear throat.....I am a check list girl. Life is short and I don't like routine...same thing...I like doing different things...experiencing new things...meeting new people...etc...
I am so blessed with each opportunity that has come my way for this year.
I'm a kid at heart, so I know the music teaching will be a blast. I'll probably have more fun than the kiddos...."This little light of mine..I'm gonna let it shine..." you know the rest.

The Mayo's

















































No comments:

Life After David was born