Hello there!

Welcome to the fun filled world of the Mayo's!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

It's Fall Ya'll 2011



















I am WAYYYY overdue on my blogging. I think about it everyday, but it just gets the backseat these days.

So....since Alexis' baptism, which was my last post, I couldn't beging to tell all we've done in just one blog. Thank goodness, I have facebook and pictures for memories that I'm really detailed and up to date on.

But in a nutshell....Alex is THE smiliest baby ever. She is a gem. A true love that we have added to our family. Can't imagine life without her. She makes our family complete.

David and her are already close. I can see it. She smiles and observes him every second she can and David is so gentle with her and loves her to pieces.

She is now on baby food and weighs 16 pounds. We go to the doctor in the morning for her check up so I'll have more stats after that.

David loves school. Just this morning, he asked if he had school today and then screamed YAY!

He can say several things in Spanish!
He has his first school pictures in the morning and his class is working on their Thanksgiving program.

Halloween was a blast. David was Woody, Alex was a pumpkin and then a butterfly and Ben and I were Lucy and Ricky! We had a family party at our house and I decorated and cooked owl cupcakes, did a spooky punch and more. We had a great time.

Early October I also put together a block party for our neighborhood and we had a great turnout and wonderful time was had by all. I love our neighborhood.
I also put together a mini reunion at Modesta's house in Stephenville for former Miss Texas girls who traveled with her. We had such a fun time.

I also had a garage sale the weekend of Halloween! Sold lots of things and got new beautiful furniture made my handsome and talented husband. I made 3,099.50. Yes. Success. Spent a month and a half getting ready for it, cleaning and simplyfing...feeling good about it all!

For dad's birthday we went to Beaver's Bend OK for a weekend getaway. Boy, did we have fun.

Beautiful scenery, top notch cabin...fire, smores, hot tub, hiking, fly fishing, massage, nature museum, train ride where we saw deer and just outdoor fun that all enjoyed.

I am currently working on PARENT magazine's education listings, helping out my friend Heather. It's been a lot of work but interesting learning about all the school districts in the area. In fact...need to be working on that right now...so this will have to be the end of my blogging today!

Will post some pics to highlight the last month. October was definitely one to remember in 2011!Alex...you are a doll. Mommy loves you. Every morning you smile at me with that precious grin and it makes me feel content and at ease.

David...you are so special to me. My son and my best friend. You make me laugh.

Ben...thanks for being such a wonderful husband and father and provider for your family.

We are truly blessed.

The Mayo's






































No comments:

Life After David was born