Hello there!

Welcome to the fun filled world of the Mayo's!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spring is here!






The Mayo's are welcoming the warm weather change....except for the fact it has brought sinus infections, allergies and head colds...so ready for that to go away.
David loves to be outside rain, sleet or snow, so I am very glad the sun has been shining....it makes for a happier mommy.
Since the sun has started to show up, we thought a few outside toys would be necessary.
The best purchase ever: John Deere tractor. David loves this thing. He knows how to ride it so well, it's a bit scary. He reverses, changes gears and cuts corners like he's been driving it for years.
When it runs out of juice, David drives it up to the patio, where the charger plug is, and says "it needs gas."
David is starting to talk in complete sentences. This is a fun transition to watch. He's been talking for a while now...one, two words together at the most...but now it's like the light bulb has gone off and he knows to just....well, talk....
Since he's had a cold, Ben and I have been rocking him more and laying down with him for comfort and just to make sure he's breathing out of his mouth....the other night I was laying down with him and he said, "Mama, run my back."....Um. okay. bizarre.
Then yesterday he came in our room after waking up and climbed in my bed. My phone was under the pillow and he grabbed it and said, "Hey, I found your phone."
Just weird to hear him say this stuff!
We have this puzzle that consists of numbers, 0-9. David can put each number in it's place and say the number, in record time.
Okay, genius?? I have started to work with him on numbers, but for him to just be able to do this...Proud Mama am I. :)
He also has started saying "1, 2, 3, 4" before he starts playing his drums. THIS made my laugh when he did it the first time...it didn't come from me....but I do thank Marina on The Fresh Beat Band for that one.
Two words: New Moon.....so ready for the DVD to come out!! Amanda, I can't wait for you to see it!
Monday for the Mayo's consists of currently: me blogging and getting thank you cards out, David watching Sesame Street and getting his snack on and then a trip to Trinity to drop off used shoes for Haiti, and Target, our second home. Toilet paper is needed and when that's needed, you just have to drop everything and make a run to T.
Happy Monday!!
The Mayo's



No comments:

Life After David was born