Hello there!

Welcome to the fun filled world of the Mayo's!

Sunday, February 21, 2010

David's 2nd birthday...Sesame Street Style












Dearest David,
Today you have turned 2 years old...and we can't believe it.
Your birthday party was yesterday at our church, Trinity Baptist, and loads of your buddies came out to play. After a fun month of planning for this big event...I painted, cut, pasted, ordered online (ha), decorated...Dad, cut signs out at work and brought them home...Mawmos, Aunt Shanna, Cousin Zach, Unlce Larry and Peepaw all helped decorate the day before the party. The chapel was filled with a bounce house, an actual sesame street we put together, sticker and coloring tables, pin the nose on elmo, toys, cakes, and presents, and even the REAL elmo came for a visit.
You had so much fun and so did we!
It just seems like yesterday I had you. You are just growing so quickly before my very eyes. I'm feeling a bit sentimental tonight as I blog, as I know you will be reading this one day.
I love you. I love your curly hair. I love your eyes. Your smile. Your hilarious personality. The way you say "here ya go" when you want something. Your musical ability. Your sweetness. Your gentleness. Your independence. Your lovingness. Your easy nature...(you must get that from dad). Your "huggies". The way you say mommy...and sometimes even just 'mom'. Your intelligence. The way you and I sing songs at night. The way you put your hands on my face and say I love you back to me.
You're pretty perfect kid. Even sleeping better....you might get that car at 16 after all.

Happy Birthday David.
I love you more than Sesame Street loves Sunny Days.
Mommy and Daddy














No comments:

Life After David was born