Well,
My birthday was yesterday and the celebration actually started on Saturday night...Ben took me to Timothy's and we had a wonderful meal. I thought that was going to be it....but my family, who blesses me and spoils me rotten ( I just hate it....ha.) had other plans...
Superbowl Sunday...we were having Mur and my parents over to watch the game. Ben was cooking pork tenderloin and making me a cake from scratch...thank you Julia Child and Simone Beck.
I knew this much...little did I know that when I was cutting onions (maybe it was that I couldn't see because of the tears the onions brought...) but mom had brought in presents, roses, balloons, the works and decorated my living area! Wow!
Cute clothes for our Cancun trip (yes, my hubby and I are taking a vacation to Mexico!), a gorgeous jacket from dad, and my "Mastering the Art of French Cooking", volumes I and II were among some of my awesome gifts....so just call me Julie Powell....
Have any of you seen Julie/Julia...the story of Julia Child and Julie Powell who cooked her way through Julia Child's cookbook in a year?
Well, I was totally inspired by this....some of you may know my husband is an excellent cook....so we are on a new thing....healthy eating! (not that julia child's cooking is healthy...um, hello butter,)...but it's all FRESH and that's good.
Ben is extremley excited...he loves to cook, it's his therapy and he hasn't been able to do it in so long..so he has gladly taken me under his wing and our first lesson together was:BEEF BOURGUIGNON...and that's probably not spelled right...but who cares? It was DELICIOUS!
Our other cook book we love is Pioneer Woman....we did Ryan's Bolognese sauce...yum...and I made from scratch with that nifty electric mixer that weighs a ton, Tres Leches...and it was to die for.
Back to my birthday....Ben made the chocolate cake that Julia Child loved from Simone Beck's recipies...and it was in a word. good!
I've totally cleaned out and re-organized the kitchen, started buying FRESH products and am reading vol. 1 of "mastering" and it's like a text book on cooking...I LOVE IT!
I have an addictive personality...maybe that's why I don't drink and smoke? ha. BUT, I when I get into something, I go head first!
in other news....
Everyone in the Miss Texas organization is resigning from their posts which they have had FOREVER...a drastic change, so we shall see what happens...I'm trying to decide what to do...I still hold Teen Director and co producer, but praying about what to do.
I have had to decline 2 or 3 event chair positions in town, which I hate to do, but I just can't do it all! After the Heart Ball, I need a little let down....
BUT, I was asked to be on the Tex Rep board, and I said a quick YES to that! No brainer...and I am very excited about being on board.
First board meeting tonight along with the DIVA rehearsal, which is Thursday night at TRAHC. Some talented ladies in town are singing some lovey dovey songs to celebrate an early Valentine's Day.
No cooking tonight.
Love,
The Mayo's








No comments:
Post a Comment