Hello there!

Welcome to the fun filled world of the Mayo's!

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

It's Christmas time at the Mayo's!










For the last two days I've gotten all of our Christmas decorations out and slowly put them up....I decided this year, I didn't want to rush after Thanksgiving to get them up that Friday...so this time, I took my time, layed it all at in the garage and really had fun sifting through.
We were blessed to have a 'holiday shower' given to us when we got married, so we have LOTS of Christmas decor that is really beautiful and I love putting it all up.
This year, I got some ideas from Southern Living, The Christmas Book and put some of their projects to work...the ornament wreaths were one, which I've already shown.
So, tonight, my house is clean and filled with spirit of Christmas!
I am so thankful for so many things in my life: my house, which my husband provides us with, it makes me feel safe and I love to just veg out all day in my pj's watching David play, playing with him, and just enjoying "the home."
I am thankful for my husband. My best friend. My life. My world. I love Ben Mayo so much and know when God made him, he had me in mind.
I am thankful for David Linn Mayo, my 21 month old son. I love him more than words could ever type, and with this being his second Christmas, I am feeling pure joy to see his reaction and face when he walks in and see's the drum set that Santa has brought him! I'm also looking forward to teaching him about baby Jesus and the story of Christmas.
I am blessed beyond measure with my family. My Mom and Dad continue to love me more each day and do things for me as they always have. God also had them in mind for me. And Mur of course! My spunky 85 year old grandmother is my Licky Micky Mur who takes care of me daily
I'm lucky to have family on Ben's side that I love so much! I love the closeness I have with each of them.
I am thankful for all of my friends, here, near and far!
I am thankful for Sissy and Gracie...yes, our dogs...but I love them so much!
I am thankful for this world that God has given us, and the freedoms that we have.
I am thankful for my church and that I get to use the gift that God gave me every Sunday to praise His name!
And last but NOT least, I am thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ, the Alpha, Omega, Beginning and End, My Rock and my fortress in whom I trust.
Thank you Jesus for loving me!
Hope everyone has a blessed Thanksgiving and wonderful holiday season!
The Mayo's

No comments:

Life After David was born