Hello there!

Welcome to the fun filled world of the Mayo's!

Monday, November 9, 2009

Dear David

So, many of my buddies out there blogging, write to their children on it, so they will read it one day. I love reading those, and I really have never written a personal note to David on mine, so here goes:



Dear David.

I love you more than words could ever type.

You are 21 months old and as cute as a bug, funny as ever and a handful to your mommy and daddy!

Weight: 26 pounds...you have really slimmed out...gotten tall and developed a handsome look if I say so myself. ;)
You are running everywhere and your favorite thing to do is be outside and runnniiinngg. (Forest Gump lingo)
Lately it's been really rainy in Texarkana, so Mawmaw and I literally took a part your slide outside and put it in your playroom so you could slide indoors and you have loved it.

Your hair is growing and you are cutting your 2 year molars...not so fun for you buddy...sorry. You love your teething tablets though..and your gummy flinstone vitamins..you take one and I take two.

A normal is day is just you and me hanging out....throw in Mawmaw and Mur and we have ourselves a 4 generation party.
Swine Flu scares me a bit, so we have stayed indoors for a while now, trying not to catch anything unwanted.

You are an observer and analyze everything. You want to figure out the seat belt buckle in your car...you check out everyone you meet, but greet them with a smile....oh you are smiling so cute now when I say "show me your teeth..."

Your favorite toys: usually random things, like my toothbrush (i'm having to buy about ten at a time)...your cars of course, you are digging Buzz and Woody that I brought you from Chicago, and you love to sit in the sink and play in the water while I clean the kitchen!

Daddy gives you a bath every night and you love that. You've always been a pretty good eater, although lately with your molars, you are a bit picky...but your favorites are rice and corn from Grandy's....ham and cheese sandwiches, cool ranch doritos and chocolate milk.

Talking oh yes, you are talking up a storm...I have to watch what I say around you now...:)
My favorites are: Oh My! This very distinct quick way you say Mama..like you are French or something...you say Night Night to all your stuffed animals before bed time...which brings me to oh yes...

Your sleeping.
David Linn, my precious boy, your parents have not really slept in 2 years. Just remember that when you are 16 don't get the first car you dreamed about.
As of late, you just are done with your crib. The first year of your life, I would have paid money for you to sleep in our bed with us, but you wouldn't have that...but now, oh how things have changed...in fact, last night, you slept the whole night with us and are still sleeping in my new king's size mattress as I type. Yep...it's time for a big boy bed for you.

I sing to you all the time...you sing too...you LOVE instruments. You play my guitar, the keyboard, the drums and sing on the microphone all day long. It melts my heart...maybe you'll grow up and make more money than I did as a singer. Ha.

So, I guess that's it for now. I feel like I never lived with out you in my life.
I am blessed beyond measure.
You are David Linn Mayo...born February 21, 2008. Named after your Peepaw. You look like him and your daddy and yes me too.
You love all of us. You scream anytime any family comes to visit. You are very sociable.
And you love Gracie and Sissy...although Sis can really irritate you sometimes....

To sum up our lives now...it's spiderman light up shoes, playing outside, Yo Gabba Gabba, Sesame Street, the insy wincy spider, GWACIE GIRL, sprite, sleeping with mommy and daddy, playtime with addy, iphone toddler apps, and cars.

I LOVE YOU DAVID LINN!
Your mama

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Love it!!! So awesome! It think I will do the same. : ) Miss you miss you miss you...enough said!

Life After David was born