Hello there!

Welcome to the fun filled world of the Mayo's!

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend Fun





So, Labor Day weekend consisted of exciting, yet random events.

1. We have had a spider reside outside our kitchen window all summer. It was freaky at first, but then we decided, we'd name it Oscar and it became our second pet. Every morning, David would go to the window and say "sider..." It was pretty...for a spider.

2. We have also had some other pets all summer..beautiful hummingbirds. We named them Ricky, Lucy and Ethel.

3. Labor Day....a horror movie took place at teh Mayo house....Oscar caught Ethel. It was a terrible sight to behold...I had nightmares last night, and can't believe how guilty I have felt that I was a conspirator to murder. RIP Ethel.....oh and RIP Oscar...Ben took the rake to him after this catastrophe.

4. Deer Lease and rattlesnake. Ben, David and I went to the deer lease for what was to be a beautiful ride in the wide open spaces. It was interruped by a HUGE 6 foot long rattlesnake which my husband took care of quickly.

5. Let me just say we had another pet drive home with us from the deer lease and currently resides in our freezer and NO we aren't going to eat it. I have other plans. Oh and I assisted my husband in the "cleaning/skinning" process and it was pretty fun. Just call us rednecks and get it over with.

6. Jumphouse. We didn't have enough going on, so we decided to rent a spiderman jumphouse, in honor of Oscar the murderer. It was fun, and bearable in the heat, since engineer daddy hooked up two fans.

7. Fish Fry with Friends = FUN! Had a great time hanging with our buddies and their kids playing. I ended up playing dress up with the girls and the boys wanted in on it, so Jackson had on heels and David braclets. Hysterical.

8. My mom cooked a FEAST last night to end the weekend and our friend Eric who was driving from Nashville to Dallas stopped and hung out with us for a while.

Whew. What a weekend!!!!

Just went to Wal Mart to buy David a jeep to ride in for fun....oh, it's spiderman too. :)

LIG!

The Mayo's

No comments:

Life After David was born