I went and voted yesterday...voted my conscience.
I always am the type of voter who weighs everything in. I don't see everything black and white...I see the gray and I always try to put myself in other people's shoes. I try not to vote on just one issue. I try to separate church and state, my Christian morals from legal issues. I even wrote an article on it, but when I voted yesterday, and I have been praying hard about it, I knew who to vote for. Not that I agree with everything he does or believes, but because I am a Christian and because there are moral issues that are legal issues, being a Christian does sway my vote. Does that mean that you are not a Christian if you vote Democrat? No, I don't think so. I hope that both Obama and McCain are Christian men. I know I want a Christian leader. What are you voting about? The war....the economy....abortion.....taxes.....they all are different issues that regard a different school of thought. It's an interesting time in history and next Tuesday will be something to watch in our lifetime.
At this point, I will support whoever becomes president and pray that God leads him and our country in the right direction.
The Mayo's
Hello there!
Welcome to the fun filled world of the Mayo's!
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment