.jpg)
Well, for those of you who don't know, I have two older sisters. Shanna and Shelly. Shan is the oldest and will be 40...something...(if you read this Shanna, I won't tell your age!) Shelly, also in her forties. We are all very different looking. Shanna is about 5'3 with dark dark hair and blue eyes. Shelly is, or was 5'11, she is now 5'9 and not to happy about shrinking, as she told me tonight. She has blond hair and green eyes. And then there's me! Brown and brown. (boring)
So, they both, or we all three now reside in the natural state of Arkansas.
Shanna is a teacher. Larry, her husband is a minister of music. Their son Zach is a freshman at OBU who is going to be some genius film director and probably win an oscar someday. Shanna is very gentle, loving and would not hurt a fly. I think she is the most positive person I've ever known. She is David's godmother and is in the picture above at his baptism at St. Edwards.
Shelly is also very loving. Shelly is outgoing and hilarious. Shelly and Kyle have three kiddo-s, Devin, Nick and Sydni.
Can I please say that Devin is a tall and gorgeous blond who is 19. She towers over me and we have always been very close. Her sense of humor always cracks me up and everytime we are together, I think I revert back a couple of years, which never fails to be a good time. Nick just started highschool, is brilliant at basketball and when I talked with him tonight, didn't recognize his voice, because it's dropped two octives! Oh my gosh! It made me almost cry, because I don't see them enough and it reminded me of so many things....First, I am getting old! Second, I have a son of my own whose voice someday will do that very same thing and Third, time just flies...savor each and every moment. Sydni is 6 going on twenty and is a hoot. She loves horses and so does Shelly. In fact, Shelly was just telling me how she was going to have to sell another one of her "babies", Troy, a horse they have had for some time.
Shanna is taking on a new job and has been living basically out of a suitcase until they find a house. If any other person was in that situation, they would be complaining constantly. Shelly and I tonight talked about how much we admire her for what she does and the attitude she has. She is a saint!
Meanwhile, Shelly still, and always has, made me laugh with real tears. She can be going through ups and downs and she will find humor in the situation. Just tonight she was laughing about her new short haircut and not feeling like it was a good idea to cut it. But she said, "you know..it's not about looking good anymore...it's about surviving!" haha!
Both sisters are wonderful women and wonderful mothers. I have learned a lot from them.
As I sit here tonight in the quiet, listening to Gracie snore, (David and Ben are asleep) I actually have time to just breath, reflect and think. Family is so important. My family is so special to me and even though there are times when I don't see or talk with Shel or Shan for weeks, when we do talk or get together, it's as if no time has passed.
Families definitely have their trials. No family is perfect, and what fun would it be, if they were?
As I get older and now have a child of my own, which I don't think my sisters still believe that I have a child, especially Shelly, I feel closer to both because we now have something else in common that really bonds us...motherhood! They have always been like a mother to me, but as the years have gone by, its more of a sisterhood/friendship. And with my neices and nephews, whom I am close to, I now definitely feel more "motherly", but still regain my status as the cool aunt who would do anything for them!
So, Shelly, have fun with your misty ultralights (stop smoking by the way :) and no, you don't look like a tick and Stephanie Seymore is not that cute.
Shan, hope you are having a great week at school.
And from your lil sis, I LOVE YOU BOTH VERY MUCH!
Stacy








No comments:
Post a Comment