Hello there!

Welcome to the fun filled world of the Mayo's!

Monday, June 6, 2011

Introducing Alexis Cate Mayo
















Well.....she is here!

I can't believe it....Alex is finally here...born May 31, 2011 at 8:40 pm.

She weighed 8 pounds 2 ounces and was 22 inches long!


My labor experience was a tad bit different than with David...I was induced with him also, but how it turns out, I just never felt any pain and pushed for 10 minutes before he was out!


Alexis...well...let's just say, contractions? Yes...I know what they feel like now...still had my epidural thank goodness....but then pushed for an hour and a half before we realized she was face up and stuck behind my pelvic bone somehow...in came Dr. Scales with the vaccum....merciful heavens.

If that hadn't worked, I would have had to have a C-Section and I am so thankful I didn't have to.

Dr. Scales was able to get her head out and turned the right way and then I pushed for two seconds and she was out!

It could have been a lot worse, but it was still a bit stressful!

I am so thankful she is healthy here and beautiful!


We have had to deal with a bout of jaundice, but it's coming down....


So far:


Alexis is a great eater, great sleeper (knock on wood!) and big brother loves little sister and showing her off.


Right now they are both napping which is enabling me to blog!


Bring on the summer weather! The Mayo clan....Mom, Dad, Son and Daughter (weird to say) are ready for it!


Thank you Jesus for blessing me beyond measure!

The Mayo's















No comments:

Life After David was born