Hello there!

Welcome to the fun filled world of the Mayo's!

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Oh so much

Big David. Little David.
Everyone says we all look alike...The James Genes

My silly self.


Decorating for Halloween!


David's piano lessons at mom's house. :)



David is really enjoying the cooler weather

After a very long and stressful day at the ER

My baby. :(

The million dollar mattress that is not to great at this point...

So much has happened, good and bad, since the last post...so, let me sum it up:

David had to go to ER last Thursday morning because he got into some medicine in the guest bathroom. I found pills all over the floor and white residue on his mouth. I freaked out and rushed him to the ER where they monitored him for 4 hours and he had to drink this nasty charcoal mess mixed with chocolate milk. He was a trooper. His feet never touched the floor so Ben, me or mostly my mom was holding him the whole time. When he got his chest x-ray done, we pretended it was a big camera and all the nurses and David clapped after it was done, as he grinned from ear to ear. When they stuck him in the hand to do the iv and get blood, he just observed...until the actual stick where he did let out a cry of course. He never had any side effects from the medicine. We counted the pills in the bottle and came to the conclusion that if he took any, it was just one.

When I got home, I was cleaning the bathroom and low and behold there was a piece of white chalk with big teeth marks in it underneath the bathroom rug.

Friday: David was totally fine. Thank the Lord. God took control of the situation and me. I was a wreck. We went to Aunt La and Uncle P's house for some pizza. Yum.

Saturday: Getting ready to go to Taylor, Miss Teen Texas', Homecoming in Lufkin, where I was supposed to speak and sing. Pulled my back. To the point of not walking. No Lufkin, No singing, No speaking. Very bummed.
Sunday: Back is horrible!!! With a new mattress and everything...I am so confused as to what to do about my back....I've got a new mattress, going to an accupuncturist, and taking medicine...but it's a daily struggle right now to wake up without hurting all over! Ugh!

So, we watched football on this rainy day.

Denver beat Dallas. Annoyed to the point of I just can't blog anything on it. Maybe Dallas is what's making me hurt all over.

Monday: Back is a little better...Doctor appointment with some of my favorite people. Isn't it nice to know when you have to go to the doctor, you at least get to see people you love. It makes the trip doable. So, I have to have a bone density test on Oct. 14th. yay.

We went over to mom's to help with Halloween decorations. Just seeing the look on David's face when the pumpkin's lit up, made my year.
Monday night football was enjoyable.

Dear Tony Romo,
Since Brett Favre is your hero, why don't you watch him a little more closer and try to be more like him. That would be GREEEAAAAT.

Meanwhile, I am frustrated about certain jobs I have taken on and am wondering why a phone call is so hard to make?
Oh, and Erin T. I love your photo website. The Mayo's will have pictures taken soon!!! And thanks again for the Pooh Poems!! Already have read some to David.
LIG, even with ER visits and back aches,
The Mayo's

1 comment:

Amanda said...

So glad to hear David is ok! What a relief to find that chalk I'm sure, even though you knew he was already fine! Matthew has started getting into our bathroom cabinets too and this has definitely opened my eyes to all the stuff he could get hurt from. So if its any consolation you may have helped prevent an accident in our home!! :) Hope your back feel better...have you tried the chiropractor?

Life After David was born