Over the weekend, in spite of the rain, (I feel like we live in Seattle), we tried to have some fun.
Friday afternoon, since we couldn't play outside, I thought we would play dress up. I know David is a boy, but he can still dress up and have fun! I had bought this doctor scrub outfit at Target, that I thought we would use for Halloween, but it's a bit snug, so we played dress up in it instead. Dr. Mayo is on call anytime, usually in the middle of the night, so page him if you have a problem!
Ben and I have invested in some dominos, thanks to the fun we had at Mawmaw and Pappaw Mayo's Thursday night. On Friday night, Ben beat me, much to my dismay, so I am looking forward to another round of "chicken foot."
Saturday, our favorite babysitter and college friend, Paige, came down to visit and watch David while Ben and I went to the movies with Lauren and Patrick to see "Couples Retreat." It was very funny and it was nice for the Mayo couples to have a retreat to the movie theater.
Saturday afternoon we made it to Toy Castle for Katie Beth's birthday party. It was a lot of fun and David really needed an outing with kids his age. I think he is tired of playing with mama.
In the computer room, I have a keyboard and my signed guitar by Tommy Emmanual (a famous guitar picker from Australia)...thank you Ben Hall.
David loves to play the keyboard, but recently, he points to the guitar and wants me to get it down and put it on the floor. David gently strums it. He doesn't bang on it and try to drag it around...he really and truly strums the strings and I didn't necessarily teach him that....do we have a musician on our hands? Hopefully! We had a jam out session on Saturday night.
Sunday...church was great...the sermon was very moving.
Unfortunatley, I was late going to church so I neglected to have breakfast or my coffee which made my head start hurting and once it starts it doesn't stop. I could not even watch the Cowboys play! (we tivoed it, so I did watch it later on!) Go Miles Austin!
Mom and Dad kept David last night and let me get over my headache and Ben got some much needed rest. Feeling much better today and just ready for no rain...I really feel like Bella and Edward might come live in Texarkana soon.
Happy Monday,
The Mayo's








No comments:
Post a Comment