Hello there!

Welcome to the fun filled world of the Mayo's!

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ben's birthday and I am officially a "twit"




So, my hubby turned 32 yesterday and it was a fun day!


I decided, since we are obsessed with 24 that I would (actually, let me back track, this was my nephew, Zach's idea...) stake out Mayo Manufacturing and abduct Ben from work.


It was pretty exciting....to live the life of Jack Bauer. I blindfolded him and took him to his first interrogation/torcher chamber....a massage. Then I picked him up and drove him to his next surprise...a "manly" manicure complete with milk and honey.


During all of this, I went home, wrapped gifts, got David settled with aunt and Claire the babysitter, sang at choir, and then picked him back up for a computer video that David made...he danced while I sang Happy Birthday.....and then had a surprise birthday shirt to wear for our date at Timothy's.


On to Timothy's with the cake that fed 5000. I ordered a cake from super one and got a little "confrused".....full sheet means big. just remember that folks.


the cake i thought would feed 7 people ended up being a cake for 50 or so people. it was as big as our table when they brought it out.


hilarious. except not really. 50 dollars later, we have cake here at the house if anyone needs a sugar high.


i have finally given in to twitter. i tried to resist as long as i could, but i have failed.


so i have a new computer accessory...twitter.com/sjames2879. come on and give in. you know you want to.


singing at church this weekend and getting ready for Miss Texas spring meeting.


Also praying about an important singing opportunity that has come my way. We'll see....


Have a great Thursday....oh, American Idol....Megan Joy needs to go...she's pretty, but seriously....




2 comments:

RachB said...

Ba ha ha ha ha.... here's a couple of things... when I saw your new blog post title on my sidebar, I squealed. That "t-word" just makes me laugh. I cant even say it outloud I dont think. It's just one of those words for me... I have a list of awkward words in my head... and that's one of them. Second, this music you have on here...um that almost sent me into labor. My house is so quiet and then my computer uploaded your page and it started jamming music all of a sudden- as loud as it could go. Scared me silly. Im still trying to calm down from that. Ive muted my laptop for now so I dont have that happen again without being prepared. Also, the cake. I laughed so hard! Im still laughing about that. I can only imagine your face when you saw it! I love it!

Happy BIRTHDAY Ben!!! Wahooooooo 32!

Heather Hill Thomson said...

Tell Ben we said Happy Birthday!

Life After David was born